Wednesday, October 14, 2009

M is for Montevideo

Club de Paris, Table Dance Bar and Strip Club in Montevideo, Uruguay
I could have easily told you this building is in Buenos Aires, but it is not. It's in Montevideo, the charming Uruguayan neighbor city across the River Plate. The city is filled with beautiful architecture that is remarkably similar to that of Buenos Aires. This building caught my eyes because it was strikingly different from the others with its blue facade, the round windows, and these suspicious red logo signs. Well, as it turns out, I stepped right into the twilight zone, the 'dark side' of Montevideo. The Club de Paris is apparently a table dance bar and strip club. Yikes! Seems men have the same simple needs all over the world.

7 comments:

Andreea said...

I would not have guessed that it's a strip club, but now that I think about it "Club de Paris" might give one an idea about the destination of the place :) Nice building.

Sylvia K said...

It is a lovely building -- in spite of "different facade and windows" -- but I don't think I would have thought that it was a strip club, surprise, surprise!! Still a nice building!

Sylvia

EG CameraGirl said...

Is this club in a residential neighbourhood? Looks like ordinary people might live close by...but then maybe bot. The shade of blue certainly is an eye catcher.

Luis Gomez said...

Montevideo is a great little city.

Roger Owen Green said...

When I was a kid, I wrote a song about Montevideo. It wasn't good, but I enjoyed it.

peenkfrik said...

Strip clubs has become an essential and universal need.

Looks more like a cafe to me. :D

Tumblewords: said...

Great observation!