Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Colectivo Orientation Sign at Estación Constitución

Public Bus Overview Sign at Estación Constitición in Buenos Aires, Argentina
Orientation is everything, especially when it comes to find the right spot to catch a colectivo in Buenos Aires. If you have made experience with the public transport system, in particular with the buses, you know what I'm talking about. Often it's very hard to figure out which bus to take for a certain destination, and more importantly, to find the right bus stop. If you ever happen to be clueless at the bus terminal on Constitution Plaza, this orientation sign in front of the train station comes to the rescue. All you now need to know is the number of the colectivo line and the direction you are heading. Simple, isn't it?

7 comments:

Lowell said...

The bureaucrats who devise such things should be forced to put them to use long before they are foisted on the public.

I don't know much Spanish, but this is truly a confusing mess!

Three Rivers, Michigan said...

All transportation systems are easy to use - if you were born there and have been using it all your life! :-)

B SQUARED said...

The correct change has always been my problem.

Luis Gomez said...

You are so right! No matter where you are they are always really complicated.

Andreea said...

I think that if you're used to taking public transportation you can figure it out easier. But if you're only used to driving your own car, this sign can be a bit of a mystery.

EG CameraGirl said...

I think I could easily get lost in Buenos Aires!

peenkfrik said...

Sounds simple but I'm not sure I can remember that.

I remember trying to figure out which train to take while we were in NYC. I eventually gave up and asked some of the guards to help us out.