Wednesday, October 7, 2009

L is for Laissez-faire in the Parque Centenario

Girls Playing Tag while Boys Drinking Mate in the Parque Centenario in Buenos Aires, Argentina
While the girls were playing tag around the boys, the boys were sitting calmly and coolly on the grassy ground of the park sipping their mate gourd. If you want to soak in some authentic Buenos Aires, then the Caballito neighborhood awaits your arrival. San Telmo is historic, Palermo is trendy but Caballito is authentic. There are several parks in this neighborhood for all kinds of leisure activities. The picture was taken in the Parque Centenario which is the biggest green space in this barrio. The park is perfectly fitting for a laissez-faire afternoon.

8 comments:

~JarieLyn~ said...

I like your word. I'm not sure I've heard it before, but I like the way it sounds. Nice photo that captures the fun in the neighborhood.

Lowell said...

You have perfectly captured the essence of this beautiful place...laid back, relaxing, comfortable, and fun!

EG CameraGirl said...

Perfect photo showing that kids around the world are more the same than different.

Carolyn Ford said...

I agree...your photo really captures the carefree mood in this park. Very nice post.

AB said...

It looks like spring has arrived. It does not seem long ago well all the people in your photos were wearing overcoats

Tumblewords: said...

A lovely park and surely happy teens!

Andreea said...

I like your people shots, they are so strong. Being new at photo blogs I'm shy about photographing people so I stick mostly to buildings.

Roger Owen Green said...

I've always heard laissez-faire in economic terms - let the market decide.

Your meaning is probably closer to the original; - let it be.

Nice.