Friday, October 30, 2009

Bridge Pier Graffito

Graffiti
Sometimes graffiti look good sometimes they don't. Sometimes graffiti convey social or political messages, sometimes not. I'm not sure what category this graffito falls under. I guess it's the fun category. And yes, graffito is the singular form of graffiti. The name El Rechifle (the Boo) is probably not connected to the graffito but refers to an identically named Murga group in Palermo. Murga is a carnival hilarity which is very popular in Argentina. The artist can probably be identified by the capital A in the circle on the right. I don't have a clue who (s)he is, though.
What do you see in this graffito?

9 comments:

Lowell said...

Do you have any ungraffiteed (I have no clue if that's a word) in BA?

I also have no clue about this mess...other than some people have too much time on their hands...

Hope you have a great weekend!

Leif Hagen said...

Well, clearly it falls into the "black, white and blue" category! Do I have to tell you everything?

Brenda's Arizona said...

It is almost less like graffiti and more like 'art'. Not that graffiti isn't art, I don't mean that. I mean this is as if someone had a design or art result in mind. Someone saw the bridge as a canvas... Neat stuff! I'm interested in what is on the other side of the bridge support - more art?

EG CameraGirl said...

I've never heard anyone use the singular form before. Graffito? Hmmm.

I'm not sure what this gaffito means.

Carrizo said...

A mí me gusta.

Luis Gomez said...

I think it is pretty cool!

peenkfrik said...

Looks like something to do with nature.

Andreea said...

No idea as to what it means. I think I can spot a fire, something that looks like arteries and a blue lion tail but I don't see how these can be put together to form a message :)

Rafa Vallejos said...

I can answer your question about "El Rechifle": That´s right, it's a murga, and it's actually part of the mural that's underneath this one done by the murguistas themselves who practice in front of it, and which was painted over. I myself had something painted on that same wall at one point, layers of paint ago: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2435489&l=16c96dc094&id=566960137
...and you can see more of my stuff in Buenos Aires at my blog: http://entremundosymundanos.blogspot.com/

Chau!