Thursday, July 30, 2009

Working Hands: Confitería Argentina

Working Hands are about to Wrap Facturas / Pastries in a Bakery in Buenos Aires, Argentina
Today I'd like to introduce you to facturas, one of Argentina's sweet delights. Facturas is how pastries are called in South America, especially in Argentina and Uruguay. Basically, there are bigillions of these sugar-carb bombs out there in Buenos Aires. Three at a time, however, were more than enough to satisfy my munchies. I'm not ready to become a tubby yet. ;)
So, what do we have here? The black one is called tortita negra, the piece between the tongs is a medialuna con dulce de leche and, last but not least, the one in the basket is a medialuna de manteca dusted with powdered sugar. Medialunas are the Argentine croissants and are exceedingly tasty. It's needless to say that this sweet stuff is best accompanied by a hot café con leche. Enjoy!

7 comments:

Lowell said...

Well, I'll take one of each! Yummy!

Anonymous said...

Wow, after reading this and looking at your excellent photography, my mouth is watering. I am thinking this would be an excellent meal for breakfast.

Thanks for visiting my Brookville Blog and for the comment you left me there.

AB said...

The language differences are fascinating. In Iberian Spanish, factura is an invoice.

EG CameraGirl said...

You are making me hungry!

You've mentioned several times that Argentina and Uruguay have similar tastes or customs. Interesting!

magicpolaroid said...

wow fantastic sweet delights! is a croissant?

Prospero said...

I'll take all three, for purely scientific reasons.

Leif Hagen said...

Even without a cup of coffee to go with it, I'd say, "yes, please!"
Delicious photo - gracias!