Friday, July 17, 2009

Weird Snake Wall Painting in San Telmo

Grim Snake Mural in the San Telmo neighborhood of Buenos Aires, Argentina
I chanced upon this mural while walking through the barrio of San Telmo and was wondering what's up with that weird image. It appeared pretty grim to me and not as cheerful as others I have seen in the past. I don't think there are any hidden metaphors here that are too deep, however, it remains a bit hard to grasp.
By the way, can you spot the telephone distribution box?

9 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

Someone who LOVES colour and has a vivid imagination painted this! No I cannot spot the box. Very well disguised...at least from me.

Lowell said...

I would agree with EG that is was done by a person who loves color. Or, maybe, someone who's brain has been addled by smoking too much funny stuff.

I can't find the box, either, but I don't know what it looks like to begin with.

Prospero said...

I like this very much. But that's just me!

yudikris said...

Cute one :)!

Neither I can spot the box... Anybody has an idea?

Yudhie
(yudikris.blogspot.com)

AB said...

New found species from the more tropical parts of Latin America?

Rob Siemann said...

Wow, even weirder than here! Is the box in the bottom left hand corner, just underneath that white...aah...cow?
Probably the nicest phone distribution box I've ever seen!

Hilda said...

It's colorful, to say the least. Is the box on the lower left beside the rock?

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

Definitely eye catching. I found the box : )

peenkfrik said...

All I can say is the artist has a lot goin' on in his mind. I love the colors here.