Friday, July 31, 2009

Painted Wild Life in Argentina

Grafitti Mural Rhinoceros Launching an Attack in Buenos Aires, Argentina
Recently I have learnt something about rhinocerotidae. As a matter of fact, rhinoceroses are three-toed, either one or two-horned and the smallest of their kind is Sumatran. These animals are native to Africa, India and southern Asia.
I have reasons to believe there is an Argentine subspecies, too. For those who don't trust me I have photographic evidence to prove it. So, it is my honorable duty to aptly name it and I proudly cognominate it diceros bicornis argentiniensis coeruleus. Attention, the big blue guy looks like he is about to launch a running attack targeting you. Because of his size and the fact that the Javan Rhinoceros has only one horn, I put two and two together and conclude this specimen is closely related to the African type. In the end, rhinos and graffiti have one thing in common: Both may be extant one day and extinct the next!

7 comments:

Lowell said...

First of all, this is an excellent shot, and a very well drawn piece of graffiti...

Secondly, your commentary was interesting but also very funny. You could write comedy!

Great job!

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

I'm glad that's a mural. Maybe I will see one in the flesh someday.

AB said...

It really does look like the beast is about to launch an attack on you. As a passer-by I would certainly stay out of its path.

B SQUARED said...

Well said. I think you forgot to mention they are usually found in urban areas.

Prospero said...

A well thought out post.

airplane5312 said...

Now that's some interesting graffiti ... wildlife. Watch out for those Rhinos, they are mean tempered.

Alet Pretorius said...

cool pic