Thursday, July 2, 2009

Large Assortment of Nostalgic Phones with a Past

Nostalgic Telephones in an Antique Store in the San Telmo neighborhood of Buenos Aires, Argentina
If I happened to be a movie production designer or a set decorator and I had to recreate an illusion of Buenos Aires back in its glory days, I knew where to go first. I would start my search for particular items for the set in San Telmo, which is full of these vintage collectible and antique stores. I really like to browse these stores because you'll find so many things that were already outdated several decades before I was born. It's just fun to see these gorgeous items. Sometimes I wonder what people will think about our state-of-the-art tech and gadgets such as the iPhone, the XBox or Netbooks in about a hundred years from now. Psychic abilities, anyone?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I've never seen anything like this before, simply amazing!

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

great collection. I never saw so many old phones in one place before.

Lowell said...

Boy, would I fun in that area! And no, there's no way our minds can conceive of what life will be like 100 years from now.

If you told me 20 years ago about the many things we take for granted now I would probably have laughed.

I remember many, if not most of these types of phones. The ones on the wall I used at Grandma's farm in northern Minnesota. You had to ring for an operator and then everyone in the neighborhood listened in!

EG CameraGirl said...

Oh my goodness! I've never seen so many old phones all at one time!

DelBoy said...

Wow! What a collection. Reminds me of Portobello Road in London - lots of antique shops there too!

Prospero said...

Surely they will think our trinkets odd. But this is such a wonderful image. I wish I could walk around there, and see all these collections of things from the past.

Unseen India Tours said...

This is so fantastic !! Today only i saw a old telephone and wish to have one..And see today again i am looking some of the wonderful ones !! Great..Do check my another blog also i.e.Unseen Rajasthan

AB said...

I think if I was there, I would spend all day photographing every one of these beauties.