Friday, June 12, 2009

The White Room of the Casa Rosada in Buenos Aires

Empty Chairs waiting for Journalists in the White Room in the Casa Rosada in Buenos Aires, Argentina
This is the White Salon in the Casa Rosada, the presidential palace in Buenos Aires. It is mostly used for press conferences and official receptions. It looks like there are a lot of empty chairs in that room, as if they called a press conference and nobody showed up. Usually this place is crowded either by journalist or tourists, so it was that day. Only I took the picture when the masses had already left.
Did you ever attend a press conference?

8 comments:

Frank said...

Yes, I've attended press conferences, spoken at press conferences and organized media opportunities and coverage with US and foreign press representatives. The favorite saying is, "It's like herding kittens." Except kittens really are sweet, cute and don't demand wireless Internet connections and hot buffets of food. This room is extraordinary. Very elaborite.

VEB wortfeile said...

i also think. but often the genuine informations you will find somewhere else. it looks like impressive pomp, press and politics ;-).

Lowell said...

Quite an ornate place. And very beautiful.

No, I've never attended a press conference. I've called several press conferences to announce important events in my life, but nobody showed up.

Oh, well. ;-)

Owen said...

I've never been to South America, but would love to go to Argentina one day... your blog will no doubt help inspire me, keeping the dream alive...

Hilda said...

That is a fabulous room! If I didn't know where you were, I would have thought this was somewhere in Europe.

Leif Hagen said...

Gorgeous room and great shot. Better to move around the room without the crowd! Your "Big Fat Blob Graffiti" posting yesterday was fun and funny! Regards from EAGAN daily photo

Unknown said...

I took some shots at Casa Rosada but I didn't go inside. Glad I can see, at least, one of the rooms now.

Kcalpesh said...

Awsome place and very nice shot. This place does have a very good feeling about itself!!